Monday, February 9, 2009

A New Goal

I took 4 semesters of ASL in college and absolutely loved every second of it. I LOVE ASL. Sure wish I had someone to practice signing.

My sister-in-law works in Deaf Education. She's awesome. My brother has learned some ASL too. They got to come visit us in Texas for Thanksgiving, but I was too busy with a new baby to take pictures AND, when I got the camera out, nobody (Doug) would pose for pictures for me. I wish you guys lived near us, both for the great friendship, and also for the ASL practice!



Fun Times!



Come visit again so we can take some updated pictures!

Until then, I'm teaching Caden - and he's digging it! It's completely adorable. I'm so thankful for my little best buddy!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you are planning on doing that. Your cousin might end up deaf in the other ear one day, and you might need to yell at her husband for her while she frantically signs...

Skinner Family said...

Have you ever heard of Signing Time? I love it. We used it to teach the girls sign language. You could get your kids more excited about your schooling by having videos for them!

Tara and David said...

That is awesome Mindy! I was certified with Utah Novice Level for 3 years and I am also certified with the EIPA of a 4.2. I let my state laps when I quit work. I also tried to take the level 2 twice and didn't pass, so I let the state go but with the EIPA and can still take the level 2, I am still able to work in Secondary Level of Ed. which I love!! That was where I was working before I quit. I miss it terribly and sometimes wish I could go back, but I would miss my kids more. I still sign to my kids and they sign back and my neice and nephew both sign so it is fun. But I would look into the EIPA (Educational Interpreter Performance Assecement (sp?)) it allows you to work only in education. Good luck let me know how it all works out!

Diane T said...

Great goal Mindy. I love it that you are going for your ASL certification. It is so important to keep learning and keeping up our education!

Kira said...

that's an awesome goal! they are always beggin' for help at the local schools & colleges ... I'm excited for you to have this to look forward to! :)

DougieDoug said...

Hey! I know a lot of ASL. I'm basically fluent. My only flaw is that I first learned Signed English. The grammar is completely different from ASL. But I can still communicate fine with deaf people. (they may laugh at me though)

Poof.

 I wanted to start a blogging again for some time now, but I just  didn't  know where or how to begin.   I know I kinda just disappe...