Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow

We knew it was snowing to the WEST of us...but we didn't think it would really make its way to our backyard! It was very exciting to open the blinds this morning and discover the scattered snow. Caden ate his breakfast of "talking cereal" (Rice Crispies) just as fast as he could so he could play outside before the snow melted away. He wanted to make sure he got to make a snowball to throw at Daddy.


One of Caden's favorite things to do when it snows... EAT it.


YUM - a look of satisfaction after taking a cold wet bite.

Caden asked for a sled to ride around on...but as you can see, there wasn't much snow for that.
Dang it.



SNOW BALL FIGHT!



This is what our backyard looked like BEFORE they went out to play...



And AFTER they were done...

Within an hour, the snow was mostly gone.


Good thing we didn't sleep in this morning!
It melted SUPER fast, but it was fun while it lasted.

6 comments:

Tobi said...

Great pictures! I love the look on Caden's face after he eats the snow. We didn't get up early enough to play in the snow. I only got a few pictures before it rapidly melted.

Kira said...

That looks like so much fun! Definitely not going to happen here with 70+ degree weather. :)

Angel said...

Growing up in Utah I can't believe all of the havoc this tiny storm did to Texas. Funny how people react in a different climate. Anywhoo, fun pictures and tell caden "nice snowball!"

Tasha said...

I can't wait to play on your swing set!

M cubed said...

Mason was in absolute heaven, to say the least. And with his little cousin cole here, the two of them could not contain themselves. It was hilarious.

We missed seeing you yesterday at church...how are you feeling?

Jess said...

You have been MIA!!! Finally a post, are ya sick or something??? Miss ya :)

Poof.

 I wanted to start a blogging again for some time now, but I just  didn't  know where or how to begin.   I know I kinda just disappe...