So I've been wanting to go camping for a while now and just before Labor Day, we got some family together and went. We found the PERFECT campsite complete with a bench to see the sunset, a rope swing, and a great view of the lake...not to mention we had the ENTIRE place to ourselves. I love not having a child in school during the weekdays. We hate crowds and love our freedom to do fun things on Daddy's days off.
No, we didn't make CA stay in that little pup tent...my brother and his new wife managed to squeeze themselves in there. Ha ha.
Word to the Wise: Don't get caught eating dinner after dark. I have never seen so many raccoons in all my life. It was a coon invasion!
They had us surrounded and stole our trash a few times, and one of them even managed to take off with our big Tupperware! Luckily, Daddy is brave and fast (and not too worried about rabies). CA had a blast spotting them and throwing rocks at them when they came too close.
We also got to see an armadillo! So cool.
All in all, it was a really good time and I'm glad we got the chance to do it before the baby comes... HOWEVER, I do NOT recommend camping in your ninth month of pregnancy! I seriously don't know what I was thinking.



4 comments:
I think you are so brave to camp in the 9th month! WOW! I love racoons. My husband has never seen a live one (they hide well out here...and are often road kill). Recently, he saw one at a zoo. He said it isn't the same thing. I agree. I remember as a kid... seeing them all the time.
Hi It's mandi! I finaly found your blog I've been searching forever and Ben was supposed to call and get the address but he said he did but ben is a dork. I can't believe she is almost here! Campin at 9 months I was a wreck went i went ice fishing at 8 months I really thought I would go right through!! Love ya
Congrats on surviving! You are so brave! Raccoons scare me!! :)
I was thinking the same thing you said...camping in the ninth month of pregnancy?!?! You ARE crazy! I tried doing it in my 7th month with Reese and vowed never to camp again after my 2nd trimester!
Looks like an awesome campsite. Where did y'all go? I'm thinking we need to go sometime soon here. We only camp here in Texas during the fall and winter. I can't take the heat or humidity otherwise!! Email me if you don't want to comment on your blog.
Post a Comment