Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Backtrack to Turner Falls

The first weekend in October, we took my parents, met up with a bunch of friends, and went on one of the best camping trips ever. I think it should be a yearly tradition!



The kids were very helpful packing up. They couldn't forget their daggers!


My manly man - in Turner Falls, Oklahoma! Did I mention, it was raining? And the water comes from a natural, freezing cold spring.


Heading up to the castle... lots and lots and lots of steps. We didn't mind though. We LOVE hiking. And the ruins were totally worth it.


Caden asked if he could feel the water. I thought he meant with his hands. Nope, he meant with his feet... socks, shoes, and pants.


Checking out the caves. It was such a fun adventure. Grandpa asked Caden how it felt to be able to climb up a mountain and Caden replied, "I feel like a dummy. It's certainly hard." Ha ha.


Perhaps he wasn't feeling so great because the sun/heat causes Caden to get hives and he broke out with them all over his face. Once I took off my hat to give to him, his shaded his face got better, but it was quite crazy looking for a while there. They kept moving from cheek to cheek to head to chin, etc. I was worried it was poison ivy or oak for a minute.


Fun With Friends!

AWESOME views!


Lots of smiles ;)

So glad we took the opportunity to go!

*Weird to think that only a day after this trip, my dad's accident happened.


2 comments:

Kaycee said...

Are those really your kids??? Time passes too quickly... one day I AM going to visit you in Texas... before Ambree is five! :)

Kira said...

holy cow they all look so grown up! looks like an absolutely gorgeous time though!

Poof.

 I wanted to start a blogging again for some time now, but I just  didn't  know where or how to begin.   I know I kinda just disappe...