
So Caden had his well-check today. I was shocked to hear he needed FIVE shots! Isn't that a bit ridiculous? Five shots in one visit? Is that normal? Is that safe? Ahhh! I was so nervous for Caden because this is the first time he's been REALLY aware of what's going on at the doctor's office and he will remember this for sure.
I've been trying to prepare him for the visit. We read a book about these two dragons that went to the doctor and needed four shots.
I kept assuring him that shots are quick. I got him a doctor's kit for his birthday, so he knew all about the blood pressure check and all that fun stuff.
Caden had a fine time talking with the doctor, letting her tickle him and check him all out. THEN came time for the shots. We had him play his gameboy to keep his mind off it. The nurse cleaned his legs and Caden asked, "Is that all she's going to do?" But once the first shot went in ... his face said it all. He felt so betrayed! By the third shot, he was really tense and crying. Luckily, the nurse was pretty fast and it was soon all over. {- Five shots ... one after another after another after another after another. -} What a trooper. He didn't even cry very long, but he kept saying, "I don't like shots." I don't either!
At least he doesn't have to worry about getting anymore shots until he's TWELVE. He was totally sleepy once we got home and is now taking a nap. Do shots make you sleepy? Extra cuddles today!

3 comments:
My kids always sleep after shots. I can't believe he got five shots today. Poor guy. I'm sure he'll be feeling better by tomorrow.
That sounds awful!!! I am not looking forward to Hannah's next appointment :( Hope all is well!
I don't know if it's harder for the kids to get shots or the moms to watch. I hate watching Ryker cry from getting shots! We love you Guys!!!
Post a Comment