We had such a fun day today. It was just a normal day, but it just felt like a good one. We all got up early. Caden and I pulled weeds in the front yard while Daddy mowed the back. (We learned our lesson and Caden is to stay far away from the mower for now on... Something got flung at him the other day from the mower and it left a pretty good welt on his leg. Scary!)
The boys then got new summer haircuts. I am a pretty good barber if I do say so myself. Caden's is short because he gets so hot and sweaty. I like to stick it up in the front when it's short. Well today he told me, "Mom, I just want my hair to sleep." What did he mean? He started smashing down the part that was sticking up in the front. Oh well, I still think he's handsome.
After Daddy went to work, Caden had a blast splashing around in the baby pool in the backyard - excuse me... Caden had informed me he's a big boy and refers to it as his big boy pool. Anyway, he and I had such a pleasant day. He insisted I speak to him with a Russian accent the entire night...~...all throughout dinner, Monopoly, and even for the bedtime stories. What a weirdo.
I just feel so blessed. I know my husband NEVER reads my blog, but I SO appreciate him and the life we have together!
(I think maybe I am just so happy I didn't have a smidge of nausea today, that I gave myself a natural high. Ha ha.)

8 comments:
Way to go on the good day! :) Seriously, as soon as the non-stop exhaustion & nausea wore off a bit felt like a new woman! :) He's so cute.
caden kills me. I'm totally cracking up with the russian accent thing... and even more that you probably really did it. HILARIOUS!!!
Any day without nausea is a great day in my book! I love the Russian accent thing. Caden sounds like a riot. I love that he wanted his hair to "sleep".
Hooray for pleasant days!! I'm glad you are able to have a few of them at least!!! lol.
Caden is just cute as usual. Love the Russian accent (where did that come from?) and sleep hair. Gavin actually says that sometimes too!
You are such a great family! Thanks for being such great parents and so good to each other! I'm proud of you! So excited to get another grandchild too!
Diane
Congrats on being pregnant. YOur family is super cute.
So I have yet to tell you "congratulations" on the girl!! That is SO exciting! What does Adam think?
The Russian accent thing is hilarious! You guys are so fun and cute.
Thanks for commenting on my lame blog. Someday maybe I'll actually post on it. Ha ha.
What a handsome boy!
Post a Comment