Caden had his 5 year wellness check-up. He got all his shots last year (5 of them), so he didn't need any this year, and won't need any until he's 11. His check-up was a breeze. Other than some gagging when he had to open and say, "aaaahhh" - there was nothing special about it. He has great eyesight and is still in the 90th percentile for height and 50th for weight.

We got to register him for KINDERGARTEN last week. I still can't believe he's really five years old! While I was filling out the paperwork, Caden was able to go check out a Kindergarten room and visit with a few kids and teachers. He was shy for about a second, but then took the lady's hand and never even looked back at me! He really is SO ready for school. Hopefully I'll be the only one shedding tears come fall. ;)
After signing him up, we went to the brand new city park so Caden could show Daddy his new tricks on the monkey bars. That kid is just learning and growing by the second.


************************************************************************
Ambree got her 6 month wellness check-up at the same time as Caden's appointment. I love it when I can kill two birds with one stone. She's doing great - in the 87th percentile for weight and 90th for height. She seems to be following her brother's growth pattern and her head is in the 95th percentile as well. It's all those brains they get from their Mama. Ha ha.

We asked Caden if he'd like to take the shots so his sister didn't have to get them, but there was no hesitation in his "NO WAY" answer. Poor Ambree has a GREAT pair of lungs and she was sure to use them to let us know her opinion of those needles. When I took the band-aids off later on, I found huge marks on her legs. She got bruised BAD! She still has lumps in her thigh muscles and I wonder if they will ever go away.


We got to register him for KINDERGARTEN last week. I still can't believe he's really five years old! While I was filling out the paperwork, Caden was able to go check out a Kindergarten room and visit with a few kids and teachers. He was shy for about a second, but then took the lady's hand and never even looked back at me! He really is SO ready for school. Hopefully I'll be the only one shedding tears come fall. ;)
After signing him up, we went to the brand new city park so Caden could show Daddy his new tricks on the monkey bars. That kid is just learning and growing by the second.


************************************************************************
Ambree got her 6 month wellness check-up at the same time as Caden's appointment. I love it when I can kill two birds with one stone. She's doing great - in the 87th percentile for weight and 90th for height. She seems to be following her brother's growth pattern and her head is in the 95th percentile as well. It's all those brains they get from their Mama. Ha ha.

We asked Caden if he'd like to take the shots so his sister didn't have to get them, but there was no hesitation in his "NO WAY" answer. Poor Ambree has a GREAT pair of lungs and she was sure to use them to let us know her opinion of those needles. When I took the band-aids off later on, I found huge marks on her legs. She got bruised BAD! She still has lumps in her thigh muscles and I wonder if they will ever go away.

7 comments:
look at those cute chunky thighs on Ambree! They are both getting so big! I can't believe it!
Whoa... looks at those legs! What a chubby little thing! Does it make you jealous? Ha ha, just kidding. She is beautiful! Yea for kindgarten! I'm sure Caden will do great and you will only cry for the first time or two that you drop him off!! ;)
WOW! I had no idea she was chunkalicious:) I love those thighs, but I am sure it is just the angle:)LOL I am glad Caden is so excited about school, but I know you are still anxiouS!
What fat legs she has! I was a fatty too when I was a baby! She takes after grandma!
That's so great that your kids are doing so well and so attractive!
I cried on my son's first day of school. I can admit it. Also my Princess starts school this fall so I'm already planning on crying then too.
I cry more on the last day of school than the first.... maybe it is because I have no "free" time.... nah, it is because I realized they finished a milestone!
oh my look at her legs! ouchy! hunter fought so hard during his 4 yo shots that he had huge bruises on his legs too and couldn't walk for a couple of days without crying ... enjoy these last few months of freedom before school begins ... you'll miss it!
Post a Comment