Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Important Lessons

Here are just a few Important Lessons I've learned as a mommy:
  • Being a stay at home mom IS a FULL-TIME job!
  • You can't have anything nice anymore. Everything stains, breaks, leaks, shrinks, rips, stinks, etc...
  • Laundry, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming...housework - it's a revolving door. You are NEVER DONE!
  • Enough is never enough.
  • Just because you think your baby's tooth will pop through any day now, doesn't mean it will.
  • Bodily fluids are now a very big part of your every day life!
  • It's perfectly fine for a breastfed baby to go FIVE WHOLE DAYS without pooping, but then it comes out with a vengeance!
  • Kids REALLY DO say the darnedest things. ("No C.A.T., that woman is not a monster ~ stop pointing at her!")
  • Going anywhere for an hour or for a week - you have to pack the same amount of stuff.
  • Sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day and other times there are too many hours in the day. SO STRANGE.
  • Always take an extra pair of clothes with you wherever you go. - Not only for the kids, but YOU TOO! Ha ha.
  • Don't forget your wet wipes and hand sanitizer.
  • Comfort WAY outweighs fashion!
  • Cherish those rare moments when you get to take a good shower/bath or get lost in a book.
  • Your kids are never as cute as when they are sleeping!
  • No matter what mood you are in, a baby smile will light up your world.
  • You will NEVER be the same way you were before you had kids. Your body changes, your priorities change, your taste buds change, your carefree days are over and your worries will never end. You will always and forevermore put your kids before yourself and with THAT comes a LOVE you never knew existed before.
  • Love really DOES make the world go round.
  • You ALWAYS need to be on your best behavior because your kids will copy everything you do.
  • When it comes to kids - All the ups are worth all the downs!
What are some lessons YOU'VE learned from your kids?

3 comments:

Mandy said...

oh my goodness!!! I can relate to everything!!!!! isn't that great?!?

Aubrey said...

Loved this post. You are such a mom. I, on the other hand, not so much. Haha. Married 6-1/2 years with no baby. BUT...did I tell you I'm off birth control? ;)

Diane T said...

These are so true!!! You got the idea Mindy!

Poof.

 I wanted to start a blogging again for some time now, but I just  didn't  know where or how to begin.   I know I kinda just disappe...