Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Kinda Heaven

 CREAM PUFFS ~ A.K.A. Little Puffs Of Heaven!
Yep, I made cream puffs and they are quite possibly the best things in the entire world!
 (Thank you Brianne M. B. for the recipe and suggestion.)  
It was pretty easy and SCRUMP-didily-yum-TIOUS!

1 c. water
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1 c. flour
4 eggs

Heat water and butter to rolling boil in sauce pan. Stir in flour all at once. Stir vigorously over low heat until the mixture leaves the pan and forms into a ball. Remove from heat. Beat eggs in one at a time. Beat mixture until smooth and velvety. Shape into 12 fingers 4" long and 1" wide. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or so until golden brown. Cool.

Filling:

1 large package vanilla instant pudding
1 package Dream Whip

Prepare pudding and Dream Whip as directed. Fold Dream Whip into pudding. Carefully cut off the tops of the pastry and remove the soft centers. Fill with pudding and replace tops. Frost with chocolate frosting. 


{*Note - I used Lemon Pudding and no Dream Whip for the filling and they were still fabulous.}

2 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

So glad they turned out! And I agree, they are like heaven.

Aubrey said...

Yum!! Those look so good! :0)

Poof.

 I wanted to start a blogging again for some time now, but I just  didn't  know where or how to begin.   I know I kinda just disappe...