Friday, January 23, 2009

Aquarium Surprise

So Daddy surprised us and took the day off so we could have a fun-filled day at the Dallas World Aquarium! This place is GREAT!

First up were some of the cutest little (stinky) penguins. They were so FUNNY to watch. One of the penguins kept acting like it wanted to dive in the water, but couldn't get the guts to do it. We asked him if he was a penguin, or a chicken. Finally, he fell in the water and Caden just thought it was the funniest thing ever. Wish I would have recorded his cute laugh. He just laughed and laughed and laughed. Don't I have the cutest kids?

Feeding time was pretty AWESOME.
Who'd have guessed these fish eat sweet potatoes and lettuce?


Lunch was especially DELICIOUS because the kids were so well-behaved. You can't tell from the picture, but we are overlooking the whole place and the view was gorgeous.


Those River Otters were FULL of energy. One of them jumped out of the water so high, we thought it might be able to jump the glass if it really wanted to.


We definitely had a BLAST learning interesting facts and seeing all the interesting creatures. Doesn't this "Dragon" look like something from a science fiction movie?


Smiles of SATISFACTION. We recommend a spur of the moment Aquarium Day to everyone!

Doesn't Ambree have the sweetest little baby face? This was taken
on our way to the car at the end of a long day and she's still so HAPPY!


See ya LATER alligator. (Although this might be a crocodile...)

12 comments:

Tasha said...

PS- I could actually hear Caden's cute laugh when you were talking about the penguins!

Tasha said...

I loved that place! I am so glad I had the opportunity to go:) By the way, Adam looks SOOO much better with a clean shave, and much younger too:) Your kids are still darling of course!

Kira said...

Mindy that place looks awesome! :) We have a local aquarium place ... but it's at a casino & not nearly as cool.

Kira said...

Mindy that place looks awesome! :) We have a local aquarium place ... but it's at a casino & not nearly as cool.

Tobi said...

How neat! I want to go too. We'll have to plan a day trip sometime this summer.

Ben~Mandi~ Ryker said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! We need to come visit you guys and go there. Ryker would love it!

Kaycee said...

How fun! I'm so glad Ambree was good for you, nothing like having a cranky baby on a day-out with the fam! I wish there was more like that for us to do here! I'm glad Adam plans fun things to do for you guys... what a good hubby! :)

barrettandaudrey said...

Hey it is Audrey Miller, your blog is darling and your kids are so cute. What a fun day, we want to go to the Baltimore Aquarium, kids love those things.

Mandy Riddle said...

Super fun times! You got some really good pics of you and your fam. So precious!

The Anglesey Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!!! You look beautiful by the way!!!

Jen said...

Lookie here, I'm finally commenting...of course, you probably won't read it. Anyway, Yes - your kids are stinkin cute. I just want to hold Ambree and snuggle her! Also, you look the same age that you did in high school. NO FAIR! You are going to be one of those women who look 30 when they are 50!!

eva said...

Where is this place? It looks like fun! You do have cute kids!

Poof.

 I wanted to start a blogging again for some time now, but I just  didn't  know where or how to begin.   I know I kinda just disappe...