Monday, December 28, 2009

Cooking Catastrophe

It's that special time of year EVERYONE gets busy making fun treats for their friends and family.

I totally wanted to join in on the fun.
My FRIEND suggested a really yummy easy treat and said that this is a recipe you just can't miss.
Okay, so the inexperienced treat-maker that I am, I thought it was a no-fail recipe I could handle, right?
WRONG!


Well, they were supposed to look like THIS or THIS ... but mine ended up looking like THIS:



I started out laughing ... and I had wanted some yummy treats so bad ... my laughter eventually turned into tears streaming down my face. What an utter failure. Lol.


The white-chocolate curdled instead of melting, and the milk-chocolate would only turn into frosting.


I was only left with a mess - and if you know me... I'm the girl who wouldn't finger-paint in Kindergarten because I can't stand to get my hands dirty!

Apparently this is a recipe you CAN miss.


So if you are wondering why I never make dinners or treats for people...please refer to this blog post and you will understand.
You probably wouldn't want any from me anyway.


***A special Thank You to my Hubby and Son who ate them anyway and pretended to like them.***


9 comments:

Tasha said...

Mine was funeral potatoes! I feel your pain. I have the hardest time with dirty hands too, especially fingernails, LOL! I still love you!

Skinner Family said...

I need to head to your other blog.... but white chocolate if very hard to work with. I discovered that over the last two years. Don't give up trying! I have also learned, when making fun treats... extra bodies are so wonderful to help out!

The Roberts' Report said...

OH MY!! No worries, we've ALL done it. Although I have a feeling you're going to keep trying until you've succeeded!!

Joy said...

Oh no!!! I feel your pain, you know I do! I got my chocolate chips to melt by mixing it on low heat with heavy cream. It was barely at melting heat and I stirred the whole time. Prayed a lot. hahaha.

kira said...

LOL, I've tried cake balls before too & they were an ooey, gooey mess! Sorry girl ... but at least they tried to eat them. My family wouldn't have been that nice.

Brett and Casandra said...

Oh NO. I hate when things turn out like that it always makes me wonder why did I even try.

M cubed said...

will you forgive me if I'm just laughing a little bit? not because you couldn't make them, but beause I think you're so sweet and just envisioning you in the kitchen with this stupid recipe... ohhhhh seriously, sometimes I hate cooking and baking! the first time I made them I wanted to cry too because they weren't as pretty as my cousin's. Oh well. the most important part is that they taste reallll good! love ya!

Memories captured by Shelly said...

Thanks for the cute comment you made on my blog! I haven't talked to you in forever! Looks like you have your "hands full" literally! How cute

Aubrey said...

Okay this post made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. I think it's so funny. Though, in my pregnant state, I would have crying too. In fact, I probably would have cried un-pregnant as well. :) Hope your cooking endeavors are going better for you. I miss you!

Poof.

 I wanted to start a blogging again for some time now, but I just  didn't  know where or how to begin.   I know I kinda just disappe...