Caden earns stickers. When he earns enough stickers, we let him pick out a toy, treat, or one time it was bamboo. I'm teaching him to be patient, to work, to make goals, etc.

The promise of a sticker also motivates him to comply with my requests.
I wondered how many stickers it would take to get him to try a new food ... one he has previously gagged on to the point of throwing it up - a tortilla. The magic number was eleven dinosaur stickers and some time on the computer. (He liked the tortilla, ate the whole thing, and had another one later that day!)
BRIBES WORK! - I mean REWARDS work. ;)

The promise of a sticker also motivates him to comply with my requests.
I wondered how many stickers it would take to get him to try a new food ... one he has previously gagged on to the point of throwing it up - a tortilla. The magic number was eleven dinosaur stickers and some time on the computer. (He liked the tortilla, ate the whole thing, and had another one later that day!)
BRIBES WORK! - I mean REWARDS work. ;)
9 comments:
It looks like you guys have been busy.... but I'm caught up on blogs! Yeah!
Stickers are the BEST!!! Whatever works, right ;)
I am a firm believe in BRIBES!!!! Whoever thinks they don't work, hasn't tried them:)
So, um... bribes or rewards or whatever... how come they don't work for my kids? In fact, NOTHING works for them! Can I send them to you for a few weeks?
I'm so happy Caden has conquered the tortilla... next comes the Mac and Cheese?
Hmmm... maybe that would work for potty training Ethan. He just WILL not use the potty. Your kids are so cute. :)
That's a really good idea! Your kids are just so darn cute!
Cool dinosaur stickers! I use the bribe/reward system as well.
Those stickers look familiar! I've got plenty more! Anytime you need some!
I hope he will work for stickers for years to come!
LOL, I always thought as a parent I would never, ever, ever allow rewards like that ... then we had kids. Rewards rock man!!! :)
Post a Comment